"Combined volume." Includes bibliographical references and index. Becoming African-American -- Slavery, abolition, and the quest for freedom: the coming of the Civil War, 1793-1861 -- The Civil War, Emancipation, and Black reconstruction: the second American revolution -- Searching for safe spaces -- The Great Depression and World War II -- The Black revolution.
- LCC: E185
- Dewey Decimal: 973/.0496073
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxix, 592,  p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps ; 27 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Edition Info: (paper : v. 1)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books