10 traits of highly effective teachers: how to hire, coach, and mentor successful teachers
Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-223) and index. 1. Who Is the Effective Teacher? -- 2. Personal Traits That Indicate Character: What an Effective Teacher Is -- 3. Teaching Traits That Get Results: With-It-Ness and Style -- 4. Teaching Traits That Get Results: Motivational Expertise -- 5. Teaching Traits That Get Results: Instructional Effectiveness -- 6. Intellectual Traits That Demonstrate Knowledge, Curiosity, and Awareness -- 7. Hiring Highly Effective Teachers -- 8. Mentoring New Teachers: How to Retain the Effective Teachers You Hire -- 9. Energizing and Empowering Experienced Teachers -- Resource B. List of Ten Traits With Definitions -- Resource E. Exercises to Energize Experienced Teachers.
- LCC: LB1025.3
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 227 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (paper)
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Education -- General
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Education -- Education Theory -- Administration
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Education -- Education Theory -- Leadership
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Education -- Pedagogy
- Effective teaching
- Mentoring in education
- Educational leadership
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books