Tear down this wall: a city, a president, and the speech that ended the Cold War
Drawing on interviews with Reagan administration officials, journalists, historians, and eyewitnesses, the author focuses on Ronald Reagan's June 1987 speech at the Brandenburg Gate and his historic challenge to Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall.
Includes bibliographical references and index. 1.Better Than a War --2.The Last Best Hope --3.Ash Heap of History --4.Fireside Talks --5.The Dinner Party --6."A Missed Opportunity" --7.The Wall Must Go --8.The Sign of the Cross --9.Mikhail and Ron --10."That Magic Line" --Appendix.Remarks on East-West Relations at the Brandenburg Gate in West Berlin.
- LCC: E877.2
- Dewey Decimal: 973.927092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 229 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (ebk.)
- Reagan, Ronald -- Oratory
- Reagan, Ronald -- Political and social views
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American -- Germany -- Berlin
- Berlin Wall, Berlin, Germany, 1961-1989
- Gorbachev, Mikhail Sergeevich,1931
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Soviet Union
- Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- United States
- Cold War
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books