Sustainable Leadership: Honeybee and Locust Approaches
The business case for operating along sustainable principles is becoming very clear. Sustainable organizations outperform their peers on many criteria, including corporate social responsibility, employee satisfaction and � surprising for some � even financially. Sustainable Leadership: Honeybee and Locust Approaches presents an evidence-based view of how 23 leadership practices facilitate outcomes that go beyond what is commonly referred to as the triple bottom line � environmental sustainability, corporate social responsibility and financial success. The book centers on a powerful metaphor of honeybee and locust behaviors, which illustrate two leadership philosophies with very different outcomes for a business and its viability. Gathering evidence from scholars combined with observations from successful firms around the world, the book presents a bundle of principles, behaviors and beliefs that forms a sustainable leadership system. This engaging, insightful book offers a set of principles that can be adapted in many ways to underpin sustainable leadership in different situations. It provides evidence and a rationale for building a business case to change towards more sustainable practices.
- Dewey Decimal: 658.4092
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.0"x0.8"; 1.1 lb; 288 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-03-07
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Environmental Economics
- Business & Investing -- Management & Leadership -- Leadership
- Business & Investing -- Management & Leadership -- Motivational
- Business & Investing -- Organizational Behavior -- Workplace
- Health, Fitness & Dieting -- Psychology & Counseling
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books