Includes bibliographical references and index. Looking ahead / Bernardo Ferraz & Barry Munslow -- Sustainable development : its meaning & significance / Barry Munslow -- Governance & decentralization / Oscar Monteiro -- A strategy for reducing the external debt / Luísa Diogo -- Privatizing the state enterprise sector / João Godinho Alves -- Industrial projects for sustainable development / Odete Semião -- The mining sector's contribution to sustainable development / Gilberto Banze & Eugénio Silva -- Can international co-operation help create sustainable development? / Teresa Neto & Alexandre dos Santos Monteiro --Institutional co-ordination & harmonizing formal & customary law in the management of natural resources / Alda Salamão -- Institutional development for community-based resource management research / António Ribeiro -- National Environment Management Programme / Bernardo Ferraz & Barry Munslow -- Rapid appraisal / Bie Nio Ong & Barry Munslow -- Improving coastal zone management / João Sitõe -- Strengthening human resource capacity for community-based sustainable development / Alcinda Abreu -- Strategies for the formulation of a national population policy / Fonseca Mario Machaule -- Developing a capacity for environmental scrutiny / Rogério Wamusse -- Building human resource capacity for environmental education / Mário Souto -- Establishing sustainability criteria for public investment / Abílio Gune -- The role of environmental impact assessment in development projects / Sara Taibo -- Managing water resources in the South / Issufo Chutumia -- Participatory development & urban management / Maria dos Anjos Rosário -- Rapid appraisal as a tool of sustainable development in Bagamoyo suburb, Maputo / Lorna Gujral -- Community participation in wildlife management / Afonso Madope -- An analysis of eucaliptization / Atanásio Tivane -- Gold mining in Manica District / Isidro Rafael Victor Manuel.
- LCC: HC890
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 242 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (James Currey Cloth)
- Sustainable development -- Mozambique
- Environmental management -- Mozambique
- Human capital -- Mozambique
- Mozambique -- Economic policy
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books