This volume presents information on the history, evolution and mechanisms of sumoylation, discusses SUMO proteases, ligases and conjugation pathways, and reviews the impact on modification and nucleocytoplasmic transport, PML nuclear bodies, and transcriptional regulation. Specialist chapters cover the role of sumoylation in yeast, viruses and the tumor suppressor p53.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 404 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Post-translational modification
- Proteins -- Synthesis
- Protein Processing, Post-Translational
- Small Ubiquitin-Related Modifier Proteins -- metabolism
- Bacterial genetics
- Viral genetics
- Extrachromosomal DNA
- Gene expression
- Molecular Biology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books