Standards-based mathematics assessment in middle school: rethinking classroom practice
Includes bibliographical references and (p. 237-243) index. Pt. I.Overview and background of reform in assessment practices --1.Monitoring student progress /Jan de Lange and Thomas A. Romberg --Pt. II.Teaching and assessment under a reform curriculum --2.Instructional innovation and changing assessments /M. Elizabeth Graue and Stephanie Z. Smith --3.Expanding classroom practices /Mary C. Shafer --4.Practices in transition : a case study of classroom assessment /Marvin E. Smith --Pt. III.The design of new assessment tasks --5.Developing assessment problems on percentage /Marja van den Heuvel-Panhuizen --6.Analysis of an end-of-unit test /Monica Wijers --7.The design of open-open assessment tasks /Els Feijs and Jan de Lange --8.Investigations as thought-revealing assessment problems /Martin van Reeuwijk and Monica Wijers --Pt. IV.Embedding assessment in instructional practice --9.Making instructional decisions : assessment to inform the teacher /Martin van Reeuwijk --10.Enriching assessment opportunities through classroom discourse /David C. Webb --11.Collaborative partnership : staff development that works /Ann Frederickson and Michael Ford --12.Retracing a path to assessing for understanding /Teresa Her and David C. Webb --Pt. V.Generalizing the approach --13.Classroom assessment as a basis for teacher change /David C. Webb, Thomas A. Romberg, Truus Dekker, Jan de Lange and Mieke Abels.
- LCC: QA13
- Dewey Decimal: 510/.71/273
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vi, 258 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching (Middle school) -- United States -- Evaluation
- Educational evaluation -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books