Persistence is an important set of techniques and technologies for accessing and transacting data, and ensuring that data is mobile regardless of specific applications and contexts. In Java development, persistence is a key factor in enterprise, e-commerce, and other transaction-oriented applications. Today, the Spring Framework is the leading out-of-the-box solution for enterprise Java developers; in it, you can find a number of Java Persistence solutions. This book gets you rolling with fundamental Spring Framework 3 concepts and integrating persistence functionality into enterprise Java applications using Hibernate, the Java� Persistence API (JPA) 2, and the Grails Object Relational Mapping tool, GORM. Covers core Hibernate fundamentals, demonstrating how the framework can be best utilized within a Spring application context Covers how to use and integrate JPA 2, found in the new Java EE 6 platform Covers how to integrate and use the new Grails persistence engine, GORM What you�ll learn How to use Spring Persistence, including using persistence tools in Spring as well as choosing the best Java Persistence frameworks/tools outside of Spring How to work with Spring Framework features such as Inversion of Control (IoC), aspect-oriented programming (AOP), and more How to work with Spring JDBC, use declarative transactions with Spring, and reap the benefits of a lightweight persistence strategy How to work with Hibernate and integrate it into your Spring-based enterprise Java applications for transactions, data processing, and more How to integrate with legacy databases, as well as use best practices for developing web services and handling Hibernate proxies and lazy collections How to the integrate the Spring/Hibernate persistence tier with RIA technologies like Ajax and Flash How to integrate JPA for architecting a well-layered persistence tier in your enterprise Java application How to move a persistence tier into JPA How to use and integrate the Grails persistence framework, GORM, and how to leverage it within a standard Java Spring MVC application Who is this book for? This book is ideal for developers interested in learning more about persistence framework options on the Java platform, as well as fundamental Spring concepts. Because the book covers several persistence frameworks, it is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about Spring or any of the frameworks covered. Lastly, this book covers advanced topics related to persistence architecture and design patterns, and is ideal for beginning developers looking to learn more in these areas.
- Dewey Decimal: 005
- Physical Description: 350 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-08-31
- Computers & Internet -- Programming -- Java -- General
- Computers & Internet -- Programming -- Languages & Tools -- General
- Computers & Internet -- Programming -- Software Design, Testing & Engineering -- Software Development
- Computers & Internet -- Programming -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books