Spelling, handwriting and dyslexia: overcoming barriers to learning
"The author of this book argues that spelling and writing need to be given more consideration in teaching and remedial settings especially if dyslexic pupils are to be helped back up to grade level, and other pupils are to make more effective, quicker progress. This book helps teachers and student teachers to understand the valuable contribution spelling and handwriting make to literacy development in primary and secondary schools, and shows them how to overcome existing barriers to learning." "This book will be of interest to teachers and teacher educators interested in literacy, dyslexia and dyspraxia/developmental coordination difficulties. Undergraduate and postgraduate students in education and inclusion will also find much here of interest."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references and index. Spelling -- Handwriting -- Dyslexia -- Overcoming dyslexia : specialist apsl programmes -- Overcoming barriers to learning : the alphabet, phonics and multisensory phonics -- Overcoming barriers to learning : strategic syllabic and cognitive linguistics.
- LCC: LB1574
- Dewey Decimal: 372.63
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vii, 208 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (e-book)
- English language -- Orthography and spelling -- Study and teaching
- Penmanship -- Study and teaching
- Learning disabled children -- Education
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books