"Solemates": Lessons on Life, Love & Marriage from the Appalachian Trail"
What happens when a middle-aged couple with no previous backpacking experience, decides to test their 14-year marriage and spend six months hiking the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine in one continuous hike? Will their motto of "Quitting is not an option" be a blessing or a curse? Travel with "Windtalker" and "Mom," as they wrestle with their personal weaknesses and capitalize on each other's strengths; and in doing so, gain a deeper understanding of what it takes to make and keep a marriage strong. "Solemates" is not a daily chronicle of trail life but rather a candid, introspective and sometimes humorous look into the range of emotions experienced during the pursuit of such a life-changing adventure. It is a warmhearted journal depicting lessons in perseverance, human nature, compassion, understanding, and teamwork. Their stories, and those of their thru-hiking companions, reveal insights into the human spirit and refreshing perspectives on what is truly important in life.
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.0"x0.9"; 1.4 lb; 364 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-12-09
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books