Faced with difficult challenges and an uncertain tropical environment, the tyranny of distance and a shortage of money, Queensland's education system became rather like armies in their organisation and behaviour. This book introduces more of the generals, senior officers and front-line infantry in the armies of education.
Available from History of Queensland Education Society, c/- Education Department, Qld, Mary Street, Brisbane Qld 4000. Volume I edited by Greg Logan and Tom Watson. Volume II published by Church Archivists' Press. Volumes II and III edited by Eddie Clark and Tom Watson. Includes bibliographies and index. v. I. Some early Queensland educators and their schools -- v. II. More early Queensland educators and their schools -- v. III. Mid twentieth century Queensland educators.
- LCC: LA2131
- Dewey Decimal: 371.209943
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 3 v. : ill., facsims., ports. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : v.3)
- Education -- Queensland -- History
- Teachers -- Queensland -- History
- School management and organization -- Queensland -- History
- Educational institutions & systems (Australia,Queensland)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books