Shared storybook reading: building young children's language & emergent literacy skills
"Making the most of shared reading is the goal of this practical guide. Step-by-step strategies help any professional engage, respond to, and teach young children during storybook reading - information they can share with parents to continue the learning at home." "All of the suggested strategies in Shared Storybook Reading can be adapted for use with any storybook, and many are vividly illustrated with reading examples that adults can use to guide their own interactions with children. Filled with ready-to-use ideas, this guidebook has everything professionals need to turn the fun of shared reading into a powerful learning experience."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 183-188) and index. 1. Research and theoretical background -- 2. How effective shared reading looks and sounds -- 3. Understanding the building blocks of language development -- 4. Using shared reading to develop children's language skills -- 5. Understanding important foundation skills for emergent literacy -- 6. Using shared reading to develop children's emergent literacy skills -- 7. Suggestions and strategies for reluctant readers -- 8. Shared reading for children with special needs -- 9. Promoting shared reading in the home environment -- 10. Resources and tips for selecting storybooks -- Appendices.
- LCC: LB1140.5
- Dewey Decimal: 372.67/7
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 216 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books