Shades of the Sunbelt: essays on ethnicity, race, and the urban South
Includes index. Bibliography: p. 207-213. The development of the modern urban South / Randall M. Miller -- The palmetto and the maple leaf / Robert F. Harney -- Jewish migration to the Sunbelt / Deborah Dash Moore -- Ethnicity, urbanization, and historical consciousness in Savannah / Gary W. McDonogh -- Race, ethnicity, and women's lives in the urban South / Julia Kirk Blackwelder -- The changing face of neighborhoods in Memphis and Richmond, 1940-1985 / Christopher Silver -- Race, ethnicity, and political change in the urban Sunbelt South / Ronald H. Bayor -- Ethnic politics in Miami, 1960-1986 / Raymond A. Mohl / From Dixie to Dreamland / Raymond Arsenault and Gary R. Mormino -- Migration to the urban South / George E. Pozzetta.
- LCC: F220
- Dewey Decimal: 305.8/00975
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 229 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
- Ethnicity -- Sunbelt States
- Urbanization -- Sunbelt States
- Sunbelt States -- Ethnic relations
- Sunbelt States -- Race relations
- Sunbelt States -- Social conditions
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books