Self-reference and Self-awareness (Studies in Discourse and Grammar)
This collection of essays explores two of the precursors of the recent dialogue on self-reference and self-awareness - Kant and Frege. It reprints four classic contributions to the dialogue from Hector-Neri Castaneda, Sidney Shoemaker, John Perry and Gareth Evans It also offers five examples of more recent work written for this volume, by Ruth Millikan, Maite Ezcurdia, Melinda Hogan, Raymond Martin, Christopher Peacocke and William Seager.
- Dewey Decimal: 428
- Physical Description: 469 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2003-09-29
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy
- Reference -- Words & Language
- Science -- Behavioral Sciences -- Cognitive Psychology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books