Seascape Gardening: From New England to the Carolinas
Gardening by the sea is unlike any other gardening experience in the world. The gentle, misty light, moderate climate, and natural beauty of the coast only make seaside gardens more beautiful. Add to that the pleasant memories of summers spent by the sea as a child, and the allure is irresistible for most any gardener or ocean-lover. But aside from the scenic landscape and romantic setting are serious challenges to be overcome. The East Coast is known for its extreme weatherstorms blow in during the winter with gale-force winds, spraying sand and salt on every plant in their path. Even during the summer, high winds, fierce sun, and periods of drought challenge the toughest plants. Seaside gardens must be able to tolerate the elements and still look good. Author Anne Halpin is a renowned garden designer and writer who lives on Long Island Sound. She navigates the rocky shores and sandy dunes of the East Coast from New England to South Carolina, showing readers how to plant and care for seaside gardens that work with the elements, not against them. Keeping in mind those who only dream of living by the sea, Halpin also offers portraits of successful seaside gardens up and down the coast, with stunning images from award-winning photographer Roger Foley.
- Dewey Decimal: 635.909146
- Physical Description: 9.4"x9.5"x0.7"; 1.8 lb; 224 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2006-05-01
- Home & Garden -- Gardening & Horticulture -- By Climate -- General
- Home & Garden -- Gardening & Horticulture -- By Climate -- General AAS
- Home & Garden -- Gardening & Horticulture -- Garden Design
- Home & Garden -- Gardening & Horticulture -- General
- Home & Garden -- Gardening & Horticulture -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books