Millions of Scots have left their homeland over the last 400 years. Until now, they have been written about in very general terms. Scottish Exodus breaks new ground by following particular emigrants, drawn from the once-powerful Clan MacLeod, and discovering what happened to them and their families. This compelling account of Scotlands worldwide diaspora is based on unpublished documents, letters, and family histories, as well as the authors travels. It is a tale of disastrous voyages, famine, dispossession, and the hazards and hardships of pioneering in faraway frontiers. It is also the moving story of how individualsseparated from Scotland by hundreds of years and thousands of milescontinue to identify with the small country where their global journey began.
- Dewey Decimal: 304.809411
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.3"x1.7"; 1.6 lb; 416 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-08-01
- History -- Europe -- Scotland
- History -- Europe -- England -- General
- History -- World -- General
- History -- Historical Study -- Demographic History
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Anthropology -- Cultural
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Demography
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Emigration & Immigration
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books