'scape: The International Magazine of Landscape Architecture and Urbanism
Making a well drawn design is not enough. Designers have to work with coalitions and alianties, time and process, ecology and economy. They have to be clever, with a broad vision. This new approach doesn�t need to be boring. It can make fun. And be sexy. Green metropolises: developing older cities and rural non-places into tasty green housing landscapes. Examples in Germany, Belgium and Algeria. The tradition of IBA, Olympic Games and World expo�s: how exhibitions contribute to sustainable spatial quality. Acupuncture in London: a catalogue of ideas to renew old districts. The concept of Hollands Green Heart: how to revitalise an old planning concept. American artists vs Dutch engineers. Water as the engine of change. Essay: survey before plan, design as an exploration. The changing position of the architect. Portrait: Kees Christiaanse: urban designer in Holland and China. Christiaanse seems to play with urbanism, using informal rules as a design instrument.
- Dewey Decimal: 712
- Physical Description: 9.3"x11.7"x0.3"; 0.8 lb; 80 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-07-11
- Arts & Photography -- General
- Home & Garden -- Gardening & Horticulture -- Landscape
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- Landscape
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- Reference
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- General
- Reference -- Publishing & Books -- Bibliographies & Indexes -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books