Rhapsodies in black: art of the Harlem Renaissance
Exhibition tour: Hayward Gallery, London, 16 June - 17 August, 1997 ... [et al.]. Includes bibliographical references. Re/birth of a nation / Richard J. Powell -- Voodoo MacBeth / Simon Callow -- Like the gypsy's daughter : or beyond the potency of Josephine Baker's eroticism / Andrea D. Barnwell -- Paul Robeson and the problem of modernism / Jeffrey C. Stewart -- Modern tones / Paul Gilroy -- Still / Martina Attille -- Harlem on our minds / Henry Louis Gates Jr.
- LCC: N6538
- Dewey Decimal: 704/.03/9607307471
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 182 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Edition Info: (University of California Press ed. : cloth)
- Harlem Renaissance -- Exhibitions
- Afro-American art -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions
- African American art -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books