Redox metabolism and longevity relationships in animals and plants
"This volume reviews current concepts concerning cellular redox homeostatis and ageing in animals and plants, relationships to programmed cell death, the production of oxidants and dicarbonyls, the ways that different organisms perceive and respond to oxidative, nitration and glycation challenges, and how this might be intricately connected to ageing and lifespan." "Each chapter is written by a respected scientist providing both graduate and post-doctoral researchers with an excellent account of the various issues relating to the increasingly ageing population."--BOOK JACKET.
- LCC: QP85
- Dewey Decimal: 612.39
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 281 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk.)
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Chemistry -- General & Reference
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Chemistry -- General AAS
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Developmental Biology
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- General
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- General AAS
- Science -- Chemistry -- General & Reference
- Science -- Chemistry -- General AAS
- Science -- History & Philosophy -- History of Science
- Science -- General
- Science -- General AAS
- Animals -- Longevity
- Plants -- Longevity
- Oxidation-reduction reaction
- Energy metabolism
- Aging -- physiology
- Longevity -- physiology
- Plant Physiological Phenomena
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books