Recent Developments in Bio-Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications (Biotechnology in Agriculture, Industry and Medicine)
Bio-nanocomposites form a unique class of a research area that integrates biology, chemistry, materials science, engineering and nanotechnology to present an interdisciplinary approach for solving of problems. In todays world, bio-nanocomposites are becoming increasingly prevalent due to the extraordinary properties that they possess. Scientists learn to select suitable matrices (eg: aliphatic polyesters, polypeptides and proteins, polysaccharides, and polynucleic acids) and fillers (eg: nanotubes, nanofibers, clay nanoparticles, hydroxyapetite and metal nanoparticles) and alter their chemistry and structure to suit the target field. This book provides the most recent research made in the field of bio-nanocomposites as applied to biomedical fields including drug-delivery, biosensors, cancer diagnosis, and tissue engineering.
- Dewey Decimal: 610.28
- Physical Description: 7.3"x10.2"x1.3"; 2.5 lb; 511 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-10-31
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering
- Science & Math -- Biological Sciences -- Biotechnology
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books