Includes bibliographical references (p. 137) and index. Introduction / Harold Bloom -- Machines of joy and sorrow: rockets, time machines, robots, man vs. machine, Orwellian tales, and Fahrenheit 451 / Wayne L. Johnson -- Burning bright: Fahrenheit 451 as symbolic dystopia / Donald Watt -- Reverie and the marvelous: doublings of the self in The Martian chronicles and Fahrenheit 451 / William F. Touponce -- The post-apocalyptic library: oral and literate culture in Fahrenheit 451 and A canticle for Leibowitz / Susan Spencer -- The flight from the good life: Fahrenheit 451 in the context of postwar American dystopias / David Seed -- Ray Bradbury's Cold War novels / Kevin Hoskinson -- The imagery of hands in Fahrenheit 451 / Rafeeq O. McGiveron -- What "carried the trick?" Mass exploitation and the decline of thought in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 / Rafeeq O. McGiveron -- "Do you know the legend of Hercules and Antaeus?" The wilderness in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 / Rafeeq O. McGiveron.
- LCC: PS3503
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vii, 147 p. ; 24 cm.
- Bradbury, Ray,1920-Fahrenheit 451
- Book burning in literature
- Science fiction, American -- History and criticism
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books