Racial integration in corporate America, 1940-1990
Includes bibliographical references and index. Pt. I. Color-Blind Groundwork, 1940-1961 -- 1. The African American Struggle for Jobs -- 2. Fair Employment Is Good Business -- 3. Racial Liberalism and the Mid-Twentieth-Century Businessman -- 4. Human Relations in Management -- 5. Human Relations at International Harvester and Pitney-Bowes -- Pt. II. Color-Conscious Ascendancy, 1961-1990 -- 6. How Compliance Became Voluntarism -- 7. The National Association of Manufacturers Helps Out -- 8. Changing Hiring Criteria -- 9. The Du Pont Company's Affirmative Action Efforts -- Epilogue: From Affirmative Action to Diversity.
- LCC: HD4903.5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vi, 313 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Discrimination in employment -- United States
- African Americans -- Economic conditions
- Affirmative action programs -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books