Papers from the 12th Annual Porter L. Fortune, Jr. Chancellor's Symposium in Southern History; published under the auspices of the Center for the Study of Southern Culture, University of Mississippi. Includes index. Bibliography: p. 143-165. Defining the colonial South / Thad W. Tate -- In search of the family in the colonial South / Daniel Blake Smith -- Three planters and their slaves : perspectives on slavery in Virginia, South Carolina, and Jamaica, 1750-1790 / Philip Morgan -- The Africanization of the lowcountry labor force, 1670-1730 / Russell R. Menard -- Talking with Indians : interpreters and diplomacy in French Louisiana / Patricia Galloway -- The Southern colonies : a general perspective / Robert Middlekauff.
- LCC: E441
- Dewey Decimal: 975/.03
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 173 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Slavery -- Southern States -- Congresses
- Slave labor -- Southern States -- Congresses
- Family -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses
- Southern States -- Race relations -- Congresses
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books