Protesting about pauperism: poverty, politics and poor relief in late-Victorian England, 1870-1900
Includes bibliography (p. 265-285) and index.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 296 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk.)
- History -- Europe -- General
- History -- Europe -- Ireland -- General
- History -- World -- General
- Nonfiction -- Current Events -- Poverty -- General
- Poor laws -- England -- History
- Poor -- England -- History -- 19th century
- Public welfare -- England -- History
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 19th century
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books