Originally published: Boston : Allyn and Bacon, c1986. Includes bibliographical references (p. 359-397) and indexes. 1. Basic concepts -- 2. Fitting research design to research purpose: internal and external validity -- 3. Measuring concepts: reliability and validity -- 4. Designing experiments: variations on the basics -- 5. Constructing laboratory experiments -- 6. External validity of laboratory experiments -- 7. Conducting experiments outside the laboratory -- 8. Correlational design and causal analysis -- 9. Quasi-experiments and evaluation research -- 10. Survey design and sampling -- 11. Systematic observational methods and naturalistic research -- 12. Interviewing -- 13. Content analysis -- 14. Scaling stimuli: social psychophysics -- 15. Scaling individuals: questionnaire design and rating scale construction -- 16. Social cognition methods: measuring implicit thoughts and feelings -- 17. Methods for assessing dyads and groups -- 18. Synthesizing research results: meta-analysis -- 19. Social responsibility and ethics in social research.
- LCC: H62
- Dewey Decimal: 300/.7/2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 416 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books