Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction: The continued importance of the candidate image construct / Kenneth L. Hacker -- Campaigns and candidate images in American presidential elections : computer content analysis / Susan A. Hellweg -- Presidential candidates' personal qualities : computer content analysis / William L. Benoit and John P. McHale -- Candidate images when things go sour : reaction to scandal / Carolyn L. Funk -- The "authentic candidate" : extending candidate image assessment / Allan Louden and Kristen McCauliff -- A dual processing perspective of candidate image formation / Kenneth L. Hacker -- The effects of advertising on presidential candidate images / Lynda Lee Kaid and Mike Chanslor -- Presidential debates and candidate image formation : 1992, 1996, 2000 / Walter R. Zakahi -- Interpersonal communication styles of political candidates : predicting winning and losing candidates in three U.S. presidential elections / Timothy Stephen ... [et al.] -- Meta analysis of presidential candidate images / Susan A. Hellweg and Brian H. Spitzberg -- Using cognitive measurement for analysis of candidate images / Kenneth L. Hacker -- Measuring candidate images with semantic differentials / Lynda Lee Kaid -- Conclusion: Present and future directions for candidate image research / Kenneth L. Hacker.
- LCC: JK524
- Dewey Decimal: 324.7/3/0973
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vi, 249 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- Presidents -- United States -- Election
- Presidential candidates -- United States -- Public opinion
- Public opinion -- United States
- Political campaigns -- United States
- Communication in politics -- United States
- Imagery (Psychology)
- Political psychology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books