Pre-colonial and post-colonial drama and theatre in Africa
Includes bibliographical references. The context, performance and meaning of Shona ritual drama / Kennedy C. Chinyowa -- Indigenous African theatre in South Africa / Mzo Sirayi -- The missing link in siSwati modern drama / Zodwa Motsa -- Satire and the performing arts: the African heritage / Patrick Ebewo -- uNosilimela: and African epic and mythology / Yao-Kun Liu -- Myth and the creative process in post-independence African drama / Lanrele Bamidele -- Dialogic forces in J.P. Clark-Bekederemo's Ozidi / Lokangaka Losambe -- African drama: a post-colonial tool for rejuvenating indigenous languages and promoting development / Immaculate Kizza -- Drama and post-independence experience in Francophone Africa / T. Kitenge-Ngoy -- Female character in post-independence Zimbabwean theatre: some case studies / Owen S. Seda -- Athol Fugard's dramatic representations and gender politics / Devi Sarinjeive -- Issues on the criticism of African Drama / Lekan Oyegoke.
- LCC: PL8010.5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 155 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books