Provides a comprehensive picture of poverty in America. This book shows how poverty is measured and understood, and how it has changed over time, as well as how public policies have grappled with poverty as a political issue and an economic reality.
Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; Acknowledgments; Preface to the Second Edition; 1. Introduction; 2. Early Views of Poverty in America; 3. Methods of Measuring Poverty; 4. Characteristics of the Poverty Population; 5. Causes of Poverty; 6. Why Poverty Remains High, Revisited; 7. Poverty and Policy; 8. Conclusion; Appendix: Data and Methods for the Analysis in Chapter 6; Notes; References; Index; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- LCC: HC110
- Dewey Decimal: 339.4/60973
- Physical Description: 225 p.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books