Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-195) and index. Portfolios: keep a good idea growing / Donald H. Graves -- Portfolios in first grade: a teacher's discoveries / Margaret M. Voss -- A fifth-grade class uses portfolios / Mark Milliken -- Eight-grade: finding the value in evaluation / Linda Rief -- College sophomores reopen the closed portfolio / Elizabeth Chiseri-Strater -- Teachers evaluate their own literacy / Jane Hansen -- Help students learn to read their portfolios / Donald H. Graves -- Portfolios for large-scale assessment / Jay Simmons -- Portfolio definitions: towards a shared notion / F. Dan Seger -- Staying the course: one superintendent / Bonnie S. Sunstein -- Multigenre research: one college senior / Tom Romano -- An alternative portfolio: gathering one child's ;iteracies / Cindy Matthews -- One bilingual child talks about his portfolio / Dan-Ling Fu.
- LCC: LB1029
- Dewey Decimal: 428
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 202 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Portfolios in education
- Students -- Rating of
- Language arts
- Portfolios en �ducation
- �tudiants -- �valuation
- Arts du langage
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books