Political Business Cycles (International Library of Critical Writings in Economics)
A collection of articles on how the government influences the economy in order to secure re-election. This book surveys the empirical and major theoretical approaches, such as vote maximization, partisan and vote-cum-partisan models, and rational political business cycles. It provides extensions including the role of the central bank, of direct democracy, and the cycles in European communist countries, as well as discussing policy relevance.
- Dewey Decimal: 338.542
- Physical Description: 7.0"x10.0"x1.8"; 2.3 lb; 491 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1997-04
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Economic Conditions
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Economic Policy & Development
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Microeconomics
- Business & Investing -- International -- Economics
- Business & Investing -- Popular Economics
- Politics & Social Sciences -- Government -- Public Policy
- Politics & Social Sciences -- Social Sciences
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books