This book investigates policy as a concept in use - an idea that both practitioners and outside observers use to make sense of public life, and to participate effectively in it. It is concerned to analyze the way that the policy process works rather than to describe particular sorts of policy, and it does this by addressing the core questions: what do we mean by policy? who makes it? where is it made? what is it for? how does it relate to "politics" or "management"? what is it that policy workers do? The book will appeal to people interested in the place of policy in the way we are governed, as well as to those who are concerned with questions like the environment, regional development, or social policy, and want to understand how policy in these areas is actually made.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -119) and index.
- LCC: H97
- Dewey Decimal: 321/.6
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 122 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (hc. : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books