Ontology, identity, and modality: essays in metaphysics
Includes bibliographical references and index. Pt. I. Ontology. 1. Meta-ontology. 2. Why I don't understand substitutional quantification. 3. Creatures of fiction. 4. Why is there anything at all? -- Pt. II. Identity. 5. The doctrine of arbitrary undetached parts. 6. Composition as identity. 7. Four-dimensional objects. 8. Temporal parts and identity across time. 9. Materialism and the psychological-continuity account of personal identity -- Pt. III. Modality. 10. Indexicality and actuality. 11. Plantinga on trans-world identity. 12. Two concepts of possible worlds. 13. Modal epistemology.
- LCC: B945
- Dewey Decimal: 110
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 261 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)9521795486
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books