Natural Selection and Beyond: The Intellectual Legacy of Alfred Russel Wallace
Alfred Russel Wallace was one of the nineteenth century's most potent intellectual forces. In this rich and varied collection, writers from a range of fields explore Wallace's work - and influence today - as biologist, collector, and a Victorian deeply engaged with the social, political, and philosophical issues of the age. - ;Alfred Russel Wallace (1823 - 1913) was one of the late nineteenth century's most potent intellectual forces. His link to Darwin as co-discoverer of the principle of natural selection alone would have secured him a place in history, but he went on to complete work entitl.
Contents; Foreword; Preface; List of Figures; List of Plates; List of Tables; List of Contributors; Introduction; 1. Homes Sweet Homes: A Biographical Tour of Wallace s Many Places of Residence; PART I. IN THE WORLD OF NATURE; PART II. IN THE WORLD OF MAN, AND WORLDS BEYOND; References Cited; Index. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to libraries affiliated with Ebooks Corporation.
- LCC: QH31
- Dewey Decimal: 509.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 509 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books