Narrative counselling: social and linguistic processes of change
"Through a transdisciplinary approach that combines conversation analysis and systemic functional linguistic theory, Muntigl demonstrates how language is used in couples counselling, how language use changes over the course of counselling, and how this process provides clients with new linguistic resources that help them change their social relationships." "This book will be a valuable resource not only for linguists and discourse analysts, but also for researchers and practitioners in the fields of counselling, psychotherapy, psychology, and medicine."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -342) and index. Ch. 1. Modelling semiotic change in narrative counselling -- Ch. 2. Conversation analysis -- Ch. 3. Systemic functional linguistics -- Ch. 4. Logogenesis : narrative counselling as macro-genre -- Ch. 5. Reformulations as local transformations -- Ch. 6. Problem construction -- Ch. 7. Problem effacement -- Ch. 8. Clients' semiotic repertoires : ontogenesis -- Ch. 9. Phylogenesis and concluding remarks.
- LCC: HQ10
- Dewey Decimal: 302.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vii, 346 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (US : hb. : alk. paper)
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- General
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General
- Marriage counseling
- Counseling -- Case studies
- Narrative therapy
- Counselor and client
- Discourse analysis
- Change (Psychology)
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books