Monasteries: Places of Spirituality & Seclusion Around the World
Immerse yourself in the tranquil nature and rich history of the monastic world. Monasteries are places of spirituality, closely binding faith and learning. This book examines the traditions of Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, and Islamic monastic architecture from its early beginnings to the present. In introducing the world of the monasteries with its unique artistic and architectural forms, the book asks such questions as what were the rules that governed life in the monasteries and convents? What were the ideals that inspired - and continue to inspire - the form taken by monastic buildings? Find out all of this and more in this beautifully illustrated reference guide.
- Physical Description: 8.6"x10.7"x1.0"; 2.5 lb; 208 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-03-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books