"A major goal of all three editions of Molecular Cloning has been to provide researchers with up-to-date protocols that work reproducibly. Users of the previous editions will recognize many of the organizational features in the experimental sections of this book. Nevertheless, the revision of the text has been extensive and detailed. Ancient protocols have been modernized, while new protocols have been added to reflect the continuing penetration of molecular cloning into almost all areas of biomedical research. Of equal importance has been our desire to explain how and why particular methods work, and with reasoned arguments for choosing between alternative procedures."--Preface (p. xxi).
Includes bibliographical references and index. Online access available to those with print copy Ch.1 Plasmids and their usefulness in molecular cloning -- Ch.2 Bacteriophage and its vectors -- Ch.3 Working with bacteriophage M13 vectors -- Ch.4 Working with high capacity vectors -- Ch.5 Gel Electrophoresis of DNA and pulsed-filed agarose -- Ch.6 Preparation and analysis of eukaryotic genomic DNA -- Ch.7 Extraction, purification, and analysis of mRNA from Eukaryotic cells -- Ch.8 In vitro amplification of DNA by the polymerase chain reaction -- Ch.9 Preparation of radiolabeled DNA and RNA probes -- Ch.10 Working with synthetic oligonucleotide probes -- Ch.11 Preparation of cDNA libraries and gene identification -- Ch.12 DNA sequencing -- Ch.13 Mutagenesis -- Ch.14 Screening expression libraries -- Ch.15 Expression on cloned genes in escherichia coli -- Ch.16 Introducing cloned genes into cultures mammalian cells -- Ch.17 Analysis of gene expression in cultured mammalian cells -- Ch.18 Protein interaction technologies.
- LCC: QH442.2
- Dewey Decimal: 572.8
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 3 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Molecular cloning -- Laboratory manuals
- Eukaryotic cells -- Laboratory manuals
- Cloning, Molecular -- laboratory manuals
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books