Modern education, textbooks and the image of the nation: politics of modernization and nationalism in Korean education, 1880-1910
Includes bibliographical references (p. 137-154) and index. I. Introduction: Problems, Issues and Method -- II. Theories: Modern Mass Education and the Construction of National Identity -- III. The Emergence of the Modernizers and Their Ideology: Crisis, Redefinition of Civilization and Education -- IV. The Politics of State Formation, Nation Building and Modern Education -- V. The Textbooks I: The (Re)Construction of "The Ethnic" or Cultural Purity -- VI. The Textbooks II: Constructing a Nation in "Their Own Image" -- VII. Conclusion.
- LCC: LB3048
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 157 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Nationalism and education -- Korea
- Textbooks -- Social aspects -- Korea
- Textbooks -- Korea -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books