Medicine unbound: the human body and the limits of medical intervention
Includes bibliographical references. What is the "inviolability of persons"? / Carson Strong -- The substrata of biomedical policy : dichotomies in somatic technology / Lynton Keith Caldwell -- The Church and the restructuring of humans / Albert S. Moraczewski -- Postmodernity and limits on the human body : libertarianism by default / H. Tristram Engelhardt, Jr., and Kevin Wm. Wildes -- A tortuous dilemma : maternal inviolability versus fetal medicine / Clifford Grobstein -- Fetal interventions : the biomedical politics of maternal/fetal rights / Cynthia R. Daniels -- Our most important product / George J. Annas -- The prospect of human genetic engineering / Robert L. Sinsheimer -- Manipulating human life : is there no end to it? / Daniel Callahan -- On the road to someday : a personal journey / Andrew H. Malcolm --Limits and possibilities : the patient self-determination act / Elizabeth L. McCloskey -- Advance directives as instruments of moral persuasion / Robert F. Weir --Proposed clinical criteria for physician-assisted suicide / Timothy E. Quill, Christine K. Cassel, and Diane E. Meier -- California proposition 161 : physician-assisted death-terminal condition-initiative statute -- Euthanasia as power and empowerment / David C. Thomasma -- Managing the unmanageable : the case against euthanasia / Carlos F. Gomez -- The changing role of the physician in the care of the dying / Robert J. Miller -- Physician-assisted dying : the conflict with fundamental principles of American law / David Orentlicher -- AIDS and empowerment : the ethical issues / James A. Serafini.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 287 p. ; 23 cm.
- Medical policy -- United States -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Medical ethics -- United States
- Life and death, Power over -- Decision-making
- Medical policy -- United States
- Medical technology
- Right to die -- United States -- Decision-making
- Life and death, Power over -- Decision making
- Right to die -- United States -- Decision making
- Ethics, Medical -- United States
- Right to Die -- United States
- Medicine -- trends
- Ethics -- United States
- Genetic engineering -- United States
- Suicide, Assisted -- United States
- Euthanasia -- United States
- Health Policy -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books