Maps of heaven, maps of hell: religious terror as memory from the Puritans to Stephen King
Includes bibliographical references (p. 223-231) and index.
- LCC: PS374
- Dewey Decimal: 813/.0873809
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxxviii, 239 p. ; 24 cm.
- Horror tales, American -- History and criticism
- Gothic revival (Literature) -- United States
- Fiction -- Religious aspects -- Christianity
- American fiction -- English influences
- Puritan movements in literature
- Christianity and literature
- Heaven in literature
- Memory in literature
- Hell in literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books