Making Art of Data: Master Class Series Interfacing Realities
In recent centuries a whole range of exact systems has been developed in order to describe and categorize spoken and written communication: phonologically, morphologically, syntactically, semantically, pragmatically, stylistically. But there is nothing similar for visual and audio communication, despite the fact that the importance of these media has increased dramatically over the last 200 years. Attempts to develop various systems for the deployment of archives and databases in the work of artists, with the goal of developing interactive, dynamic artworks in which the database plays an active role, were undertaken during a series of masterclasses organized by V2_ in association with the Zentrum f�r Kunst und Medientechnologie in Karslruhe, Ars Electronica Center in Linz and the Center for Culture and Communication in Budapest. In this publication, specialists in the field of image, sound and interaction--Lev Manovitch, Sher Doruff, Joel Ryan and Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, together with Brian Massumi--share their visions for the use of databases and archives in their particular area of expertise. Edited by Joke Brouwer and Arjen Mulder. ~Essays by Lev Manovich, Brian Massumi, Rafael Lazano-Hemmer, Scott Lash, Sher Doruff and Joel Ryan. Paperback, 6.5 x 9 in./112 pgs / 112 color 0 BW0 duotone 0 ~ Item D20112
- Dewey Decimal: 701
- Physical Description: 112 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2003-08
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books