Includes bibliographical references and index. Family -- Courtship and romance -- Politics and social justice -- Education and the art of scholarship -- War -- Art and culture -- Across the diaspora.
- LCC: E184.6
- Dewey Decimal: 305.896/07300922
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xix, 372 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
- History -- Americas -- United States -- African Americans -- History
- History -- Americas -- United States -- General
- History -- Americas -- United States -- General AAS
- Literature & Fiction -- Letters & Correspondence
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Special Groups -- African-American Studies
- African Americans -- Correspondence
- American letters -- African American authors
- African Americans -- Attitudes -- Sources
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- Sources
- African Americans -- Intellectual life -- Sources
- African Americans -- Politics and government -- Sources
- African Americans -- Race identity -- Sources
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books