"Law never here": a social history of African American responses to issues of crime and justice
Includes bibliographical references (p. -223) and index. Of natural rights and social death -- The slave community -- Free Blacks and slavery -- The trials of war and reconstruction -- Life in the city -- The era of Wilson and Griffith -- The Harlem Renaissance -- From Scottsboro to Chicago -- Wartime -- Of wars, prisons, politics, and race theory -- In the streets of L.A.
- LCC: E185.86
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxi, 236 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- African Americans -- Social conditions
- African Americans -- Law and legislation -- History
- African Americans -- Legal stutus, laws, etc. -- History
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History
- Discrimination in criminal justice administration -- United States -- History
- Crime and race -- United States -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books