Law, culture, tradition, and children's rights in eastern and southern Africa
Includes bibliographical references (p. 324-332) and index. Prospects and challenges in eastern and southern Africa the interplay between international human rights norms and domestic law, tradition and culture / Welshman Ncube -- African cultural fingerprint? the changing concept of childhood / Welshman Ncube -- Domestic application of international human rights norms protecting the rights of the girl-child in eastern and southern Africa / Bart Rwezaura -- Reconstructing the image of the girl-child / Janet Kabeberi-Macharia -- The duty to hear the child: a view from Tanzania / Bart Rwezaura -- Right of the child to participate in decision making a perspective from Zambia / Chuma Himonga -- Consent and compensation: the sexual abuse of girls in Zimbabwe / Alice Armstrong -- Re-evaluating law, tradition, custom and practice custody and access to non-marital children in Zimbabwe / Welshman Ncube -- Custody and guardianship of children in Botswana customary laws and judicial practice within the framework of the children's convention -- Athaliah Molokomme and Keletso Mokobi -- Best interests of the child and child labour in Lesotho / Puleng Letuka -- Searching for a child-centred adoption process the law and practice in Uganda / Jennifer Okumu-Wengi -- Female genital mutilation and the rights of the girl-child in Kenya / Janet Kabeberi-Macharia -- Gender, norms, cultural values and the right to education the example of three schools in Manhica district of Mozambique / Lucena Muianga -- Law, culture and children's rights in eastern and southern Africa contemporary challenges and present-day dilemmas / Bart Rwezaura.
- LCC: KQC145
- Dewey Decimal: 323.3/52/09676
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xv, 343 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk)
- Children's rights -- Africa, Southern
- Children -- Africa, Southern -- Social conditions
- Children's rights -- Africa, Eastern
- Children -- Africa, Eastern -- Social conditions
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books