Discusses the manner in which women continue to be portrayed by advertising and the effects this has on their images of themselves.
Includes new interview with Jean Kilbourne (25 min.). DVD release of the 2000 ed. Sequel to: Killing us softly, c1979 and Still killing us softly, c1987. This edition was originally released in 2000. Discusses the manner in which women continue to be portrayed by advertising and the effects this has on their images of themselves. Streaming Media. Video On Demand. Digital format: Restricted to the University of North Texas System. Producer/director/editor, Sut Jhally ; created by Jean Kilbourne. Digital format: Electronic reproduction.Denton, Texas :UNT Media Library, 2008.Digitized and made available by UNT Media Library from video distributed by Media Education Foundation.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 videodisc (34 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kilbourne, Jean -- Interviews
- Women in advertising
- Advertising -- Psychological aspects
- Body image in women
- Sex in advertising
- Sex role
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books