An easy-to-read guide to alternative health care, this book reveals the health benefits of hundreds of natural ingredients from aloe vera to zinc, incorporating handy tips and hints plus a peek at some old wives' tales. In a straightforward A-Z layout, the authors guide the reader through the often confusing maze of alternative medicine, explaining not only the symptoms of ailments and how to prevent them, but also the foods and remedies that can offer relief. The book also features glossaries, recipes, instructions on how to make your own tinctures, lotions, poultices, and teas, plus a handy list of stockists for those ingredients you can't buy that easily.
- Dewey Decimal: 615
- Physical Description: 5.3"x8.3"x1.2"; 1.3 lb; 224 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2001-04-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books