A new translation of one of the world's greatest adventure Stories Originally published in 1864, this Jules Verne classic has wowed generations of readers with its portrayal of an imaginary odyssey into a subterranean wonderland. When Axel deciphers an old parchment describing a secret passage through a volcano to the center of the earth, nothing will stop his eccentric Uncle Lidenbrock from setting out at once. With silent Hans as guide, the two men encounter natural hazards, prehistoric beasts, and other curiosities on their perilous, astonishing, terrifying trek through the underworld.
- Dewey Decimal: 813
- Physical Description: 5.0"x7.7"x0.8"; 0.3 lb; 288 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-09-29
- Children's Books -- Authors & Illustrators, A-Z -- ( V ) -- Verne, Jules
- Literature & Fiction -- Authors, A-Z -- ( S ) -- Smiley, Jane
- Literature & Fiction -- Foreign Language Fiction -- French
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Action & Adventure
- Literature & Fiction -- Contemporary
- Literature & Fiction -- Literary
- Literature & Fiction -- General -- General
- Literature & Fiction -- General AAS
- Science Fiction & Fantasy -- Authors, A-Z -- ( V ) -- Verne, Jules
- Science Fiction & Fantasy -- Science Fiction -- Adventure
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books