"It's just easier not to go to school": adolescent girls and disengagement in middle school
Includes bibliographical references (p. -163) and index. Introduction -- "A more complete telling" -- Interpreting resistance -- Reconstructing life stories -- Theoretical framework : bodies, relationships of power, and regimes of truth -- Regimes of the body -- Schooling the body in physical education -- "The impossible belly of impossibility."
- LCC: LC1755
- Dewey Decimal: 373.1822
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 163 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Teenage girls -- Education (Secondary) -- Social aspects -- United States
- Middle school students -- Social conditions -- United States
- Body image in adolescence -- Social aspects -- United States
- Body image in women -- Social aspects -- United States
- Feminism and education -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books