Professors who seek a comprehensive, quality introduction to working with infants at risk for developmental delays need look no further. Interdisciplinary and accessible, this stimulating textbook imparts the knowledge that is essential for accurate identification and appropriate early intervention. Designed as an introductory text, this book provides a comprehensive overview of typical and atypical development while it explains key assessment issues and intervention programs. Real-life case studies demonstrate state-of-the-art intervention techniques and offer a first-hand perspective on identifying babies who have or are at risk for disabilities. Students in the fields of child development, human services, psychology, and nursing will find definitions, descriptions, and helpful advice on risk factors, screening and assessment, early intervention programs and techniques, collaborating with team members, legal mandates, IEPs and IFSPs, and working with families. Dealing head-on with complex and sensitive subjects like eligibility criteria and ethics in the NICU, this text explores some of the most vital issues in the field of early intervention. A revised and updated edition, it is a most valuable addition to every instructor's and students's shelf.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: HV888.5
- Dewey Decimal: 362.4/048/083
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 358 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Handicapped children -- Services for -- United States
- Infants -- Services for -- United States
- Handicapped children -- United States -- Development
- Infants -- United States -- Development
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books