Human rights and Chinese values: legal, philosophical, and political perspectives
Includes bibliographical references and index. Chinese perspectives on human rights /Michael C. Davis --Human rights today /Claude Lefort --Relating human rights to Chinese culture : the four paths of the Confucian Analects and the four principles of a new theory of benevolence /Du Gangjian and Song Gang --Are rights culture-bound? /Margaret Ng --Human rights and non-Western values /Eliza Lee --On human rights and their guarantee by law /Yu Haocheng --Human rights and the political development of contemporary China, 1979-1994 /Zhu Feng --The Vienna process and the importance of universal standards in Asia /Christine Loh --Adopting international standards of human rights in Hong Kong /Michael Davis --Why Hong Kong should have equal opportunities legislation and a human rights commission /Anna Wu Hungyuk.
- LCC: JC599
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 216 p. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Civil rights -- Cross-cultural studies
- Civil rights -- China
- Civil rights -- China -- Hong Kong
- Human rights -- Cross-cultural studies
- Human rights -- China
- Human rights -- China -- Hong Kong
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books