Looks at how scientists use math as a tool to understand data, identifies systems used to make measurements, and describes situations in which using estimates is most practical.
"Measuring, estimating"--Cover. "National Geographic reading expeditions"--Cover. Includes bibliographic references (p. 22) and index. Questions that count -- Measuring little monsters -- The universal language of measurement -- Estimating with ease -- Math mentor: words count! -- Math notebook -- Glossary. Grades 3-8.
- LCC: QA465
- Dewey Decimal: 516/.15
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 24 p. : col. ill., col. maps ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Measurement -- Juvenile literature
- Estimation theory -- Juvenile literature
- Estimation theory
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books